here.

(M) Draconian Bonds: Bound by the Dragon {Bee x Jeremor}

Jeremor

Male
    Buzz Factor : 18
    Honey : 1541

(M) Draconian Bonds: Bound by the Dragon {Bee x Jeremor}

Post by Jeremor on Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 pm

There might be some mature rated content in this roleplay, like dudes getting roasted by dragons and stuff. And, like, guys riding dragons and ripping apart other dudes riding dragons. There might even be a boob or something popping out, who knows?

THE DESERT STRETCHED on for miles of dunes in every direction, only broken up by the mountain behind. That mountain was the border between two countries, one being the desert country of... somewhere. Did it matter? It was puny compared to the land that laid beyond that mountain. The dragon kingdom of Fafneria. The homeland of the Dragonknights, the land that had tamed the dragon and set it to man's purposes, and the land that ruled the known world. The best thing was that the rest of the world knew it. Peace reigned over the world now, but it was not a euphoric peace of brotherly love. It was the peace that is gained by a guillotine blade. The sort of prosperity gained hand over fist, because it was a mugging and that fist held a dagger.

Palmedan. That's it, I think. Gerrick thought to himself, frowning at the terrain. What a boring name, no wonder I couldn't remember it.

Yes, that was Sir Gerrick Hitzig, Red Dragonknight of Fafneria and struggling scholar of geography. The red knights had never cared much about the names of the places they were conquering, it was just the conquering that really concerned them. They knew how to fight and win. Enemies might underestimate the Dragonknight on the back of their giant firebreathing monster, simply by comparison, but a red knight was still the mostly finely honed killing machine on two feet. Their red dragons were the most devastating thing on four claws. A fully-grown red could lay waste to seven countries if it was kept fed with roasted meat. That was no easy feat, however. Laying waste burned a lot of calories.

"I could turn this entire place to glass." There was a throaty rumble in Gerrick's mind, the sound of molten rock crashing to earth after a volcanic explosion... then rolling down hill, gathering steam, and crushing whatever laid in their path. It was the sound of destruction. "I don't like it."

"I know, I don't like it either." Gerrick replied, sending it speeding along that strange mental connection a true dragonknight had with his dragon. He couldn't imagine being one of the weaklings that couldn't have a real bond. There were far too many of them in Fafneria, all wanting a pet dragon. "It will be a fun place to burn someday, won't it?"

There was a moment of hesitation. He could feel his dragon's grumbling in his mind, even a snarl that was both mental and real, before Orhmur replied. "Not really."

Orhmur was the name of Gerrick's dragon. She stood towering above him, walking alongside him so that every mighty step shook slightly. The sand served to sort of cushion the blow. A red dragon was a marvelous assortment of ashy black and lava red scales, spikes, horns, and leathery wings. As far as specimens went, you'd have to look hard to find one better than Orhmur. Puffing from her mouth with every breathe was a mix of sparks and smoke, like out of a crackling campfire, and something glowed in the space where her scales overlapped. One could've tracked them through the desert by the sooty craters her giant claws left. One might ask why she wasn't flying with those mighty wings, but the act of flying itself took a deal of energy for a red dragon. Getting something so huge into the air was hard work. Gerrick had long since stopped worrying about being stepped on.

Much to the contrary of all that, though, was his companion on this journey. A purple dragonknight that he knew as Blithe. An alright knight, he thought, and not too stuffy like some others. If only she'd stay on the ground a bit more often... where the hell had she flown off to now, anyway?

Last edited by Jeremor on Tue May 13, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Bee

Female
    Honey : 1610

Re: (M) Draconian Bonds: Bound by the Dragon {Bee x Jeremor}

Post by Bee on Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 pm

The very same purple dragonknight on Gerrick's mind couldn't have had better timing, because not a moment after he wondered where and she and her dragon had gone, they reappeared.

Orhmur, Tine the purple felt, was a lot of fun to tease. The giant, lumbering and painfully slow red had a foul temper which ignited a spark of mischief in her that was impossible to put out without letting it first run its course. Blithe, her rider, had long since given up on trying to stop her when it came to all things fun. Besides, she was having a good time too. In the seemingly endless desert there was very little to admire besides sand, sky and sun - you had to make your own entertainment.

Do you think she'll bite or blast? Tine's voice trilled in Blithe's mind. It was light and always seemed to border just on the edge of laughter. Blithe often compared it to that of a playful child. I say bite, she continued.

Blithe didn't leave any chance for a reply before she swooped down low out of the sky, her wings folded tightly against her body to make it more streamlined and her nose pointed straight at Orhmur. It was a reckless dive and where she sat securely strapped into her specially designed saddle, Blithe felt her body struggle against the incredible force it generated. White lights danced in front of her eyes, but her smile never faltered underneath the scarf she had wrapped around her face.

I don't know about Orhmur, Blithe thought, exhilaration making her own thoughts sound almost breathless. But Gerrick won't be very amused, I can tell that much.

All the while they plummeted through the air, seemingly too fast and at too steep of an incline to pull out in time to avoid a direct collision with the red dragon. Tine, though, was a purple and one of the best, too. She could swoop, dive and twirl with an agility that belied her size. Even with the restraint she had to show in order to protect her rider, she could out-fly anything in the world with wings.

Or so she thought, anyway.

At the very last moment, with mere meters to spare, Tine finally let her wings snap out with a thundering clap, very much resembling the sound of the lightning bolts she loved so much. Her body jerked sharply as she strained upwards and straightened the angle of their flight into a smooth glide which had them sailing straight over Orhmur's back.

Tine let out a joyful, teasing roar while Blithe chuckled and turned her head to look back and gauge the red team's reaction.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

As the purple dragon soared over and past Orhmur, she left behind a great roar of wind that buffeted the knight walking in the sand. Lesser men would've been blown right over, and just maybe Gerrick had come close the first time she'd played this game, but now he was ready. A spreading of his feet, bracing himself, he covered his face with his arm as the sand was thrown up and sprayed everywhere. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to deal with in an already hot desert, next to a dragon that radiated heat. It was a good thing Gerrick had gotten used to that whole radiating heat part.

Orhmur took it a little less calmly.

The massive red dragon reflexively opened it's mouth, coughing out flickers of fire, and snapped it's fanged jaws at the air just behind Tine's tail. Of course she was too slow to catch the purple blur, having to spin her girth around just to have a chance at it. Let there be no mistake, either, that Orhmur had wished to catch her between those jaws. Some dragons gave pause at the thought of killing one of their own kind, but red dragons were not one of them. Something had annoyed the beast, maybe even threatened it, and so instincts dictated that it should be killed. That was the thought process of your average red.

The red dragonknight, however, knew what would come next. His dragon unfurled her mighty wings and flapped them once at the air, then roared. It was a sound that many doomed men had heard over the centuries. More than a few towns had met their demise after a roar like that, so full of fury and power. Again the wings flapped and Orhmur lowered her spiny head, beginning to run after the purple blur. Gerrick was forced to run with.

"Orhmur." He spoke to her sternly, with command. It took a very brave man to bond with a red, and a stronger man to keep one from going crazy. Sheer willpower was all he could use now, reasoning with a frenzied dragon was pointless. "Stop it. Come here."

The dragon lumbered on, a terrifying sight, before hesitating in the flap of her wings once more. She was beyond speaking at the moment, all mindless beast, but cognition was coming back to her slowly. "Hate that." She said finally with great effort, as her running petered out. Growling, She glared at the sky in anger. "Going to eat them someday."

It was a dark promise, and Gerrick knew full well that she meant it, but he only laughed. "After we finish this mission, you have my permission to try." A red dragon wasn't known for their long memories, but they carried grudges with everything. By the time this mission was finished, especially at this rate, he hoped Orhmur would've forgotten all about it... but only if that purple quit pissing her off. He'd have to have another chat with Blithe about it, soon as she was back on the ground.
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 am

Tine angled her wings just a touch and sent them spinning around Orhmur in wide, lazy arcs. They were just far enough to be out of her easy reach, yet close enough to be an annoyance. Blithe sat up in the saddle having loosened some of the harnesses which kept her securely strapped in - even if she were to pass out she wouldn't simply slip off - and raised one of her arms to wave at Gerrick down below. She could just about hear him scolding her already.

Take us down, she told Tine. The dragon giggled in response and kept circling like a naughty vulture.

They look angry, she said with relish.

They sure do, which is why you're not going to do that again toooo soon, Blithe cautioned. She wasn't fond of being the responsible one, but they couldn't both always be blindly reckless. They did still have a job to finish, after all. Let's catch her a nice fat goat later, alright? Try to keep our behinds uncharred for now.

Tine's chest rumbled in a dragon's sigh and some sparks spilled out of her mouth. If we have to ... 

It took the purple much longer than usual to finally come to a standstill after her little prank, but she did eventually land in the loose sand about fifty meters from Gerrick and his rider, striking up a mini sandstorm. I don't like sand, she commented as she folded her wings against her side. She was eyeing Orhmur with some concern, and although her wings were safely tucked away, she could snap them out again in a second and take flight with only a few powerful flaps.

Neither do I, Blithe responded as she undid the last of her saddle's bindings and let herself slip down over Tine's side. Her booted feet hit the ground and almost instantly filled with sand. With a sigh she stepped forward and peeked around her dragon to see Garrick. "So, who's idea was it to go walking through the desert again?" she called. "You do know we have dragons, don't you?"

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 am

Planting one hand on his hip, he looked over to Blithe as his dragon turned around and settled herself again. Sitting down was Orhmur's way of restraining herself from lunging at something. He could feel through the bond just how much of a struggle that was. The red knight shielded his eyes as he walked toward his purple companion, paying her dragon a nice baleful glare. Then he smiled and tossed his red hair back.

"If that's what you call that tiny thing." He didn't need to indicate Tine, of course. The red dragonknights were known to be a little obsessed with size... or so the joke went, anyway. "Don't say that like this was my idea. You know full well that I'd be much happier enjoying a beer while Orhmur roasts livestock, without some gnat buzzing in her face every few hours. You know she gets a little bit closer every time?"

Well, maybe that was a lie, but there was a certain mathematical probability that she WOULD snatch them out of the air one of those times she snapped at them, given enough tries. It was sort of like trying to catch an arrow with your hand. Aside from the obvious downside of, well, Blithe being eaten... it would also not reflect very well on Gerrick in if his dragon ate another dragon. That sort of thing happened from time to time, and the only punishment was death. The kingdom had plenty of tame dragons running around, so they could do without a wild one eating people.

"I'm hungry." Orhmur rumbled in the back of his mind as he tried to speak to Blithe. It never stopped being distracting.

"We'll be at the city soon." He said to her, having no idea if it was true. It was a good sign that she was thinking about food instead of murder, though the way she was staring at Tine did make him wonder... "I'm hungry too." He admitted.

But, audibly, he spoke again to Blithe. "I don't suppose you saw anything useful, like how close we are, while you were up there playing around?" Gerrick challenged her with his every word, but it wasn't in anger. He was just a naturally hostile person.
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm

That was an insult, wasn't it? Tine asked, her long head turning to regard Gerrick. She didn't really care for the red dragonknight. He was too big, for one thing, and big humans weren't to be trusted. Did he just call me small?

Slow, too, Blithe replied with a roll of her eyes. It was no new thing for riders from different orders - especially reds - to look down on purples. They were just jealous, she thought. She could do things on Tine that nobody else could. In their brutally enforced time of peace, she was one of the few truly important knights left. Besides the golds, maybe, and even that was questionable. The rest were all rather useless, she felt.

Tell him I'm 'lithe', Tine urged and used her nose to bump Blithe in the small of the back. A gentle nudge to a dragon was a full out shove to a human, so she of course went flying. It was no new thing, though, so she quickly regained her balance again and avoided a face plant. Angrily she snapped a glance over her shoulder at the misbehaving dragon.

Stop that, you, she said sternly. You're acting like a hatchling in front of Orhmur. To Gerrick - and mostly to cover her slight embarrassment over the near fall - she said sharply; "The city's no more than three miles from here. You're well within reach of all the beer and roast pork you can want, and so am I." Scowling somewhat, she unwrapped the long silk scarf from her head and let her sweaty hair loose. The heat certainly wasn't agreeing with her. "But instead of getting out of this desert within the hour, we're simply standing here waiting. If I had been allowed to make this trip alone ..." She let the sentence unfinished, the accusation clear.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Wed May 14, 2014 6:17 pm

When Tine nudged her owner and nearly made her fall, Orhmur snorted in amusement. It came out like steam from a boiler, a rush of hot air that smelled faintly of charred meat. The dragon's eyebrows crowded down to make her squint slightly, and she would've been grinning if it was possible. A red dragon's mouth was always curved in a sort of disapproving frown, due to the way their jaws overlapped. If all those razor teeth didn't sheathe themselves just perfectly in place then she'd be biting herself, similar to a snake. This left a permanent expression which could only range from 'disapproving' to 'hateful'. It was somewhere in between now.

But, Gerrick felt no need to comment on it. His widened grin was enough. Don't ever do that to me, please. He commented to his dragon. You might impale me on something.

The reply wasn't quickly forthcoming, and sounded regretful when it did come. We wouldn't want that. Orhmur grumbled into his mind's ear. Was that a joke? Were Reds capable of jokes? Gerrick couldn't decide. While other dragonknights might feel comfortable and safe in their dragon's company, feel like their favorite person in the world, it was a different story here. The red knights knew that they were simply the lowest on the list of things their dragon wished to kill.

"If you'd made the trip alone, then the might have skimped on the tribute." He replied, smiling viciously. Even a grin looked like a prelude to war. "I'm here to strike fear into them. They'll talk for days about how Orhmur could devour their entire city."

That made him turn away, to beam proudly at his red dragon. She, meanwhile, looked largely unaffected by his praise, if slightly hungrier. Walking over toward her, he gave her a nice pat on the leg. It was similar to a man admiring a well-bred racehorse, but one that could also breathe fire and fly. Again, though, Orhmur didn't preen at his attentions... she rolled her crimson blood eyes and gave another snort.

"Three miles though? That's not bad... not bad at all..." He looked up to Orhmur's massive head hovering above. Then he turned around and looked to Blithe once more, grinning like a madman and howling out what he said next. "How about we make a nice entrance then?!"

Laughing, Orhmur showed her assent by suddenly unfurling her huge wings out in a big cracking flap.

This lovely sig by the lovely lady Bee
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Wed May 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Ooooh! Tine exclaimed with relish and unfurled her own wings. Blithe didn't take very long to react to Gerrick's clear challenge. A challenge she planned to turn into a competition. With wind and sand buffeting her from Orhmur's movements, she turned and leapt onto Tine's neck at the very same moment that the purple dragon bent down slightly to allow her rider easier access. They'd been a team for long enough to make such a maneuver second nature to them both.

It wasn't always very pleasant, though. Direct contact between Blith's skin and Tine's scales was rather unpleasant if she happened to be carrying a charge. Thankfully, it wasn't one of those days and Blithe got away with nothing worse than some ticklishness against the palms of her hands.

She slid down the dragon's neck and back, then gripped the saddle just in time for Tine's wing's first mighty flap. She coupled it with a powerful jump directly upwards. It was something only purples could do - take off without a running start. It was that which Blithe knew would win them this competition.

She wasn't properly strapped in, though, so she had to caution her energetic dragon. Not too fast, keep it steady, she thought to Tine while she flattened herself against her back. Orhmur is big and it's going to take her a while to get up to her full speed. You can overtake her with leisure.

But what if she uses dirty tactics? Tine wined.

Then you fight fire with fire.

Out loud, Blithe yelled; "Last one to fly across the city buys the other a night's drinks!"

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Wed May 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Gerrick watched the team of purples leap into action, this being a job which they were quite designed to handle. Rapid take off and landing was a hallmark of any good purple dragonknight, something they drilled in continuously. Though the purpose was a bit forgotten now, with this interminable lull between conflicts, the purple knights were scouts and skirmishers during warfare. It was amazing just how quickly the other knight orders had forgotten that they were all founded originally for one purpose: war. The red dragonknights always remembered that.

But, Orhmur wasn't going to wait for him to think about that any longer. Indeed, he didn't even have the time to watch their opponents lift off into the air like a frog with wings... hmm, frog with wings, that was a good one. He'd have to remember to use it when he needed to get Blithe all riled up.

Hurriedly, he had to catch the chain ladder that hung down from his dragon's neck. Red's were too large and forgetful to simply climb right up and onto their neck, you had to use a ladder that sort of draped down from the saddle. It always reminded Gerrick of a thin metal scarf dangling to either side of Orhmur's neck. In a pinch he could climb up her scales, but that was a little crazy even by his standards. So he caught the lady and began climbing it as Orhmur swept her wings once again. She wasn't going to wait for him to get settled, either. She never did.

With her dragonknight dangling from the swinging ladder, the red dragon began to run thunderously. Sand exploded out behind them with every step and every flap of her wings, testing for that moment when it all joined together and they could become weightless. Meanwhile, swinging around like bait on a string, Gerrick climbed the ladder as fast as he could toward the saddle. The metal ladder was hot, but not nearly as hot as Orhmur's actual scales were. Every time the ladder swung inward and his knuckles brushed against her, it seared them just enough to leave itchy red marks when the day was through. Gerrick was very used to those red marks by now, so he didn't even pause in climbing up.

Luckily he made it into the saddle just in time for the blissful exhilarating moment when you realized that you were no longer a slave to the ground. Sure, Blithe and Tine might be able to soar around and take off in an instant, but they didn't know the sheer terror and amazement that came from riding something as big as a red dragon when it became airborne? Pulling up her head, Orhmur lifted into the sky and was soaring on flapping wings. Right at her shoulderblades, the base of her neck, was Gerrick settling into his specially designed saddle. It didn't require as many straps as a purple's, but it did have some nifty shielding to try and keep Orhmur's natural heat reflected.

It made a very nice platform for him to stand on, proudly, as his dragon climbed altitude. Not something advisable for a rider at the best of times.

Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Wed May 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Tine was in the air well before Orhmur left the ground. But, despite her impatience she was being reasonably good. She'd learned to reign it in a bit when Blithe asked her to, and it had only taken her three serious falls to do so. At the very least she'd always managed to catch her rider before she hit the ground. That was more than could be said about a lot of purples.

As soon as the rough, turbulent part of their takeoff was over and the tiny dragon was speeding along nicely, angled slightly upwards so they could climb high into the sky, Blithe settled more comfortably into her saddle. She clamped her legs over the saddle so she could release her handholds for long enough to stow her scarf away in her clothing. The wind running through her hair felt amazing, but would become annoying over long distances. Three miles, though, was no problem. She also tied a belt from the saddle loosely around her waist as a kind of safety harness.

Oh, look at that, Tine giggled. Whether she knew that Blithe was slightly more secure or she had simply forgotten to be careful, she suddenly banked to the right and sent them into a complete roll which had Blithe completely upside down for a moment. The red rider is trying to show off!

Tine's maneuver had brought them flying directly over Orhmur and Gerrick, a mere thirty meters or so above them. In order to let Blithe see, she wove from side to side, letting her body rock like a see saw.

And see Blithe did. Standing up on a flying dragon with no harness at all? She could respect that, although she herself would never even think of attempting it on Tine. The firecracker was much too irresponsible to keep her safe if she did.

As if to say goodbye, she waved down at knight and beast, then sent a thought back at Tine; Let's show them what we're made of. Fly, my dearest.

Tine needed no more encouragement. Her nose seemed to cut through the air like a scythe as she flapped her uniquely segmented wings. They just about shot forward towards the city, sure that she'd win the bet for her rider.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Even Orhmur enjoyed a bit of flying now and then, as much hard work as it was for a dragon of her size. Through the bond Gerrick could feel the excitement that she couldn't hold in check. That excitement added to his own, but it was also a dangerous thing. Too much excitement and a red dragon could lose all sense, and when that happened all a rider could do was hold on tight. It was as if civility was a finite resource inside of a red, and when completely dried up resulted in an overload of all things wild. Once that wall fell, there was no more Orhmur and no more dragonknights. There was only the edible and the flammable.

Suddenly, as Tine started to dart ahead, the light between Orhmur's scales glowed more brightly. The heat began to rise, cooking the air and the dragonknight on her back. Gerrick immediately quit his showboating and slid down into the saddle.

Orhmur. What are you doing? He asked her, to no answer. Not even the sniff of an answer. But he didn't really need one, since he knew exactly what she was preparing to do. Don't do it. We need them alive. Again, there was no response, and no pause in the building heat of the mighty dragon's scales. Resigning himself, he mentally sighed. Alright, but not too much.

Whether she heeded her knight's request or not, Orhmur opened her mouth slowly and aimed it in front of the speeding purple blur. Gerrick just hoped they were out of range for what came next. A huge jet of flame, at first liquid when it came out but rapidly blooming into a mighty wall of the hottest flame. Nothing had ever burned so hot as Orhmur's flames, not a house fire or molten steel or lava. It melted or incinerated anything that it touched. There were still cases of knights, fools mostly, that were unfortunate enough to not be totally clear of their dragon's flame before it roared out. Wherever that liquid fire touched, it ate through the skin all the way to the bone. A ravenous flame, that was how Gerrick thought of it.

The sheet of fire soared out to try and cut off Tine's movement. It blossomed out and then dripped down from the sky as the flames guttered out. The only thing that a red dragon ever loved was it's own flame, and any excuse to use it. The red dragonknight couldn't be bothered to care, either. It sent shivers up his spine to see that jet of fiery oblivion cascading out into the sky. That was power, power that he was bonded to and... supposedly, in command of.
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm

They'll never catch up n - Tine was cut off mid-thought as she sensed something amiss behind her. Through their bond Blithe did as well and she swirled in the saddle to see what was going on. She was faced with a wall of heat and the rush of molten dragon breath as it flew through the air towards them. Tine didn't need to see with her own eyes or have her rider explain what was going on. The communication was wordless.

The purple instantly reacted by closing her wings almost completely and letting herself fall straight down, while Blithe flattened herself against her dragon's back and hid her face from the heat. It was going to be close. She could feel the warmth of Orhmur's attack against the skin of her back, burning so hot it was almost painful.

They were passing underneath the jet of fire, certainly not the safest place to be. When they were mere meters from the ground Tine angled her wings, spread them out and took them out from under it by moving to the right and far out of Orhmur's range. While they flew in a large circle, both pairs of eyes firmly fixed on the red team, they spoke.

That bitch singed my tail, Tine complained. Her voice was higher than usual from a combination of excitement, anger and perhaps a hint of fear.

She didn't, Blithe tried to calm her but she was just as riled up. It's just hot, it'll cool in a moment.

It better, the dragon grumbled.

Don't just hang around moaning, Blithe scolded her. Go get her back.

Finally!

She darted forward like a firework and moved in on Orhmur. They'd circled around so far that they'd ended up behind the red, the perfect place from which to approach a large dragon like her. She got so close that Blithe could make out the details on Gerrick's leather armor. She sent him a cheeky, rude sign with her fingers, and then Tine connected with the very tip Orhmur's tail. She grabbed on with her two front feet for the barest of seconds, then let go again with a push and swerved away of out harm's way should the red retaliate.

It wasn't anything that would damage a dragon like her, but it would be annoying.

Or so Tine hoped, anyway.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 5:09 pm

Jeremor's Post
    ~ He sure is a handsome devil ~

They dodged the sheet of flame, narrowly, and Gerrick hooted at them. Even Orhmur joined in, roaring once more as her mighty wings continued flapping in great big wooshes of air. See, a purple flew a bit like an arrow, with their wings able to propel them constantly foward and their body able to sway and zigzag to alter their course. In comparison, a red dragon flew more like a bathtub that was given a buzzard's wings. At a good speed Orhmur could glide, at times, if all the variables were right(Gerrick didn't have the first clue as to the mathematical principles of flight, you'd have to find a blue dragonknight for boring shit like that), but most of the time she was actually in a constant state of falling. Only the flaps of her leathery wings kept her in the air and on course. This motion leads to a very uncomfortable and bumpy ride for the knight riding it, sort of like a man trying to jump his way through a marsh of quicksand.

For this reason, sitting down wasn't quite as comfortable as you might think. So again Gerrick grabbed the 'reins' of his saddle and stood up on the heatshields once more. Of course, these reins were not for controlling the dragon and Orhmur likely would've disobeyed him out of spite if he'd tried to use them that way. They were simply tethers with which the dragonknight should grab and hang on to their ride. It was about this time that Blithe decided to fly past, obviously planning some sort of retaliation, and gave him a rude gesture. He laughed back, a powerful booming sound like a crazy person's cackle, and grabbed his crotch in a return gesture.

I think we really steamed them this time. He said, to the immediate sound of a draconic groan in his ears. This was akin to the grinding sound of an earthquake opening a tear in the earth. Orhmur hated puns almost as much as she hated rain.

I hate puns. The dragon said for herself, growling it out like a vat of boiling tar. Why must you ruin everything?

Then Tine made her little strike, though exactly what she did was a mystery to Gerrick because it all happened so fast and behind him. Orhmur, though, roared into the air once more, this time in annoyance, and bent her body around as she shook her pointy tail out. A red dragon's tail was a bit like a ball of thorns or the head of a pointy mace, yet another tool in the arsenal of mayhem and slaughter that was so much a vital part of their being. But simply trying to shake her tail free of the annoying purple wasn't enough, the red dragon wanted to eat them. This reaction was something Gerrick couldn't really stop.

But, it did have the unfortunate effect of making Orhmur forget to flap her wings.

They plummeted like a rock through the sky toward the sandy ground below, Gerrick keeping his balance with admirable skill. Orhmur! Fly! He yelled through their bond, as he watched Orhmur trying to snap at the air once more in an attempt to catch the purple menace before they both flew away. Forget them! Just fly! Flap your fucking wings!

This finally sentence got through to the dragon, and she gave a few small flaps to control their descent... then one huge WOOSH, that sent them springing up in the air once more. They were no longer falling, at least, but now the capital of Palmedan(boringly called Palmedan, as well) laid in sight. It was all mud buildings, white stone walls, sandstone and adobe and lovely desert architecture. The palace, a large white-domed construction that was actually quite beautiful, towered over the rest of the city. It reminded Gerrick of a tit.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Blithe was cackling with laughter as Tine had them twirling and swerving and banking from side to side to avoid Orhmur's clumsy attempts at catching them. She hadn't had such a laugh in ages, and for the first time since making the trip to Palmedan she didn't regret having a companion. Although she'd never truly spoken to Gerrick outside of a casual greeting here and there, she'd somehow gotten the impression that he was more stuffy than he appeared now. He was a good sport about having a bit of fun, and she was struck by the a sudden desire to find out what else he was up for.

What's that? Tine barged into her ruminations. Already got your sights set on a new one?

Blithe snorted noncommittally and ignored the question. Instead of making any kind of reply she grabbed onto one of the long, fleshy 'horns' which grew off Tine's forehead. They were what she used to sense subtle differences in the weather, which helped her find the nearest thunder storm when she needed a charge. They were also what Blithe sometimes used to distract her dragon by giving it a gentle yank, much like pulling on a girl's pony tail.

Tine made a deep grumbling sound in her chest and banked slightly to the side which Blithe was pulling. You humans are hopeless, she complained. 

And you are going to win this race for us, Blithe replied. Look up ahead. 

And indeed, they were about to win. While they had their silent discussion, they'd been pulling ahead of Orhmur and her rider to close in on their destination. Oooh, it looks nice, Tine said, instantly distracted. Look at that big one ...

That's where we're going, Blithe informed her. Go on, show whoever's in there what you're made of.

If the purple could have wooped out loud and gone "Whoopie!" she would have. As it was, she put even more effort into her speed and shot forward, straight for the building Gerrick thought looked like a tit.

In a matter of seconds they were casting a dragon-shaped shadow over the flat roofs of the city's buildings. To add to the effect, Tine opened her jaws and roared as loud as she could - not as loud as most other colours, but it did have a nice trumpeting effect which carried quite a distance. Blithe looked back to see the red team's reaction when they realized they'd been beaten to the post.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Jeremor's Post
    ~ He's the most wonderful thing since peanut butter toast ~

The pale capital of Palmedan spread out on the ground below them like an opal in a sea of sand, all those buildings and people looking so tiny from way up in the clouds. Even their mighty wall surrounding all of it looked more quaint than imposing. That might have something to do with flying on a dragon, though. Most conventional means of human against human defense looked rather quaint and silly when you were a dragon. With one flap of Orhmur's wings, they could lift right up and over that wall. One cough of flame and it would melt, along with any sorry soul standing behind it.

And that was a dangerously tempting prospect at the moment, because they'd both just lost the contest. Sure, getting into an air race with a purple dragon was never going to end well, but if Gerrick was anything then it was competitive. Not to even get started on his giant foul-tempered dragon, who was gnashing her jaws like she imagined a purple dragon was between them. The red knight contented himself just to yell curses into the wind.

We should destroy it. Orhmur suggested casually, eyeing the city now instead of the purple's circling above it. The bond was full of frustration and aggravation ready to unload on the first thing at hand. Her scales even began to heat up underneath the red dragonknight. Put them out of their misery. Just look at the worthless scum.

Gerrick couldn't grab any of her horns to calm her down or refocus her. But, he did pat her on the neck-scales, careful not to burn his hand. I know, I know, they'd be better off dying in a molten hell, I agree. He said soothingly to his dragon, only partly joking. But not yet. Maybe we can fit in a vacation when I retire.

You won't live that long. The dragon spoke as simply as if she could see into the future. Sometimes, Gerrick half-believed she could. Maybe another dragonknight would be upset by their dragon prophesying, or promising, their own death... but, that was just Orhmur.

They were distracted by Tine's little roar in the distance, which the big red dragon snickered at in a bitter loser sort of way. She began flapping her wings to catch up to the purples, soaring over the city herself. With her wings outstretched, soaring high, it seemed that her shadow covered half the city all on it's own. Two dragons circling high like vultures, it was enough to strike a sudden fear into the townsfolk. Dragons were friends to Fafneria, but everywhere else in the world they still stood for destruction... and that was how the dragonknights liked it. What idiot would pick a fight with a nation that had THOSE on their side? Gerrick often wished they could find an idiot big enough, though. Peace was unbearable. When Orhmur made it to about the spot Tine had roared from earlier, she let out her own throaty volcanic-eruption roar. It was a petty gesture.

Pull alongside. Gerrick ordered and she listened. She usually listened to simple requests, as long as they weren't too far against her own wishes.

They glided alongside the purples and he leaned on his knee and grinned widely at them. "So maybe your little dragon is fast, but mine is louder." Then he laughed loudly. Orhmur sort of wobbled a bit, surely on purpose, to try and catch him off balance. He stumbled a little bit but only laughed harder. "So, where the hell do we land? Should I crush that big boob-dome in?"

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Orhmur's roar made an involuntary shudder run all the way through Tine's long, supple body. She faltered for a moment in her flight but recovered quickly enough for most people to miss it completely. Blithe didn't, though, and she laughed softly in her mind. Don't tell me you're afraid of that overgrown oven with wings.

I'm not! Tine immediately retorted, her voice full of indignation. That monstrosity could try to catch me for a hundred lifetimes and never get close.

Then why are you shying away from her?

Clearly challenged and unwilling to back down from that, Tine quickly corrected her flight pattern and dared to fly closer to the red dragon, right alongside her as they circled the palace. While Gerrick called over to her rider, she stopped paying attention and simply eyed Orhmur. If they could speak to each other, she'd be putting her in her place, yes sir indeed. Showing her who's boss, bitch.

Up top, meanwhile, Blithe laughed at Gerrick's near fall and decided to show him how it's really done by undoing the belt around her waist and standing up as well. Instead of gripping any harnesses, she loosely held onto one of Tine's horns. Her dragon's flight was much more stable than Gerrick's, so she didn't have quite as much trouble keeping her balance.

"I don't know where you'll land that ugly lizard of yours," she called back at him. "But I'll be taking the shortest route to the palace. I won't be long. Remember to bring your money pouch when we meet up again!"

Go ahead, Tine, she instructed the purple. With another hateful glance at Orhmur, she complied. There was no need to explain further - she knew exactly how her rider's mind worked. With a rather sassy flick of her tail she turned and came in for a landing right on top of the palace's domed roof.

Wait, not that high! Blithe protested when she saw where they were going. Just on the side, there.

Tine sighed but did as instructed. Instead of landing on the dome, she lowered herself down its side to grip onto the openings left by the windows. She clung on like a bat - damaging the beautiful plaster work quite severely in the process - while Blithe pulled a bag off her saddle and lightly climbed up over her back and into one of the windows.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Some hours later...

The herdsmen had nearly shit themselves when they saw Orhmur plop down just outside the city gates. A great cloud of dust billowed up, of course, so that every gawking foreigner got a nice eye full of sand. That scattered a good number of them right away. All of this was new to Gerrick Hitzig, who wasn't the most well-traveled knight. In fact, it was sort of a shock that they'd let him out on this mission at all. Somehow he always got the impression that somebody was worried about his ability to keep control of Orhmur. Couldn't really argue with it, though, because there were times she came awful close... and times when Gerrick quit caring. The heat wasn't the only thing a red dragon radiated.

After they'd landed down and cleared out, some of the Palmedans came out to communicate their deepest gratitude on behalf of their king or whatever they had here. Gerrick couldn't really be bothered to pay much attention to them one way or the other. Political stuff never had interested him, only the conflicts that rose up after the political stuff failed. Frankly, it was his opinion that Fafneria should have taken over the continent by force already. He told the men that came out to greet them exactly as much.

"Save all that crap and just give my dragon something to eat." He grinned at the men, shocked in the middle of their proclamations of friendship and cooperation, and then added on. "If she doesn't get something soon, she's going to find it herself. She tells me you look delicious, fat boy."

Even thinking about it now made him grin and want to chuckle, just thinking of the way they had turned pale when he cackled at them. Even Orhmur approved, which was a mighty rare occurrence. Part of him missed being so near to her, somehow, as though the bonds was slightly more strained from this far away. That was nonsense though, the bond wasn't like a physical connection or anything. It didn't constrain itself to matters of distance or being blocked by stone walls. The bond simply was, a constant buzzing in the back of his mind that told him Orhmur was sleeping with a belly full of roasted goat meat. A lot of goat meat.

Sweet dreams. He whispered along the mental connection, and sighed audibly.

Luckily, he found himself in a tavern awaiting his purple counterpart. While he passed the time for her to be done doing whatever boring crap she did on these missions, Gerrick nursed on pints of the local brew. It wasn't his favorite thing in the world, but all alcohol generally had the same pleasing effect, so it was alright. It didn't take long for him to reach that point of drunkness where he badly wanted to punch something. Any of the tavern-goer's faces would do, he thought as he looked around.

Not a one of them would meet his eye, though.
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Thu May 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Blithe felt high. Not physically high up in the sky as she was so often, but the other kind. Though, she hadn't smoked anything questionable either. Rather, it was all due to the odd day she'd had combined with the feeling of absolute contentment and happiness radiating from Tine where she was curled up on the very top of the palace roof. Her snout was snuggled in under her tail, her scales were cooling after the heat of the day, and her belly was full of tasty, digesting meat.

Their indescribable connection sent a buzz of that same feeling of relaxation and peace with the world back to Blithe, and couple that with the few glasses of wine she'd enjoyed with the gracious - and terrified - sultan, and you had one happy dragonknight.

The way she strolled into the bar could have been described as cocky, and one wouldn't be far off the mark if one did. She felt confident. She felt good. She felt in the mood. In the hours since arriving in Palmedan she'd been busy being a good little delivery girl/diplomant, but had been enjoying all the comforts that came with the job. The best - after the wine - of those perks had been a dip in the marvelous personal baths of the sultan himself. Water was a precious commodity in those parts, but despite that, or perhaps because of it, he enjoyed splashing out on something so obviously wasteful as a swimming pool sized bath. Clean for the first time in days and wearing a fresh set of clothing in the local style, she was ready for a night on the town.

And doling out a certain red knight's punishment.

"I'm glad to see you here," she spoke from behind Gerrick and gave his shoulder a firm pat to announce her presence, then turned so she was facing him with the edge of the bar pressing into her back. Lazily, she leaned against it and crossed her arms across her chest. "I wondered if you'd chicken out on my reward. You know, for beating you today?" An unnecessary reminder she knew would get him riled up. That was the fun part of teasing reds - they were so predictable when it came to their pride, and never disappointed when you poked at it with a metaphorical stick.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Fri May 16, 2014 12:20 am

He watched her come in the door, almost failing to recognize her. What the hell was she wearing? And she looked... clean. It was strange. Like some person he didn't know had suddenly taken the place of the nigh-genderless armored dragonknight he'd been sharing this whole trip with so far. Now she looked almost pretty, which was rather upsetting. Is that what she'd done up in that palace? Gotten all dolled up with weird clothes and baths? Gerrick was glad he hadn't gone along. That sort of stuff made you soft in more ways than one. Not to mention Orhmur would laugh at him if he ever tried to ride her looking like that.

At that moment, the big red dragon was busying herself with dreams of curling up in a nice peacefully burning city and enjoying the screams of it's people. This was a recurring dream that probably meant contentment, as far as he could suss out.

Anyway, at that moment Gerrick was still dressed in some of his leather armor emblazoned with black or red dragon motifs all over. This was standard garb for a dragonknight, really, to be covered in little engravings and icons and trinkets of dragons. As if anyone could forget who they were or what one looked like, with how they'd made their entrance. A purple dragon was curled up on their sacred palace's dome right that second, watching over them as they tried to sleep. But, part of being who they were was reminding everyone about it. You couldn't strike fear in the hearts of your enemies, if your enemies weren't forced to make the connection every time they saw you.

"Enjoy it, and be happy I didn't let my dragon roast you earlier." He smiled in a way that was just like a nasty beast showing it's teeth, but it morphed into more of a sincere grin. Maybe it was what he'd had to drink already, but he didn't really feel too put off. "Besides, a red doesn't need to move fast. We aren't the ones that do the running away. That's everyone else."

He laughed, moving his cup around and seeming a little intoxicated already. "What are you wearing, anyway? Going native, are we?" Scoffing, he took another drink. "I've been waiting here all this time while you take a bath and play dress up. What is this, a date?"

Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Fri May 16, 2014 12:48 am

"You didn't let her roast us?" Blithe rolled her eyes and listened to Gerrick babble on and on. Holy blazing lizards, he was arrogant. She was surprised he hadn't flipped the nearest table at her jibe, but wasn't about to give up yet. She enjoyed a challenge more than anything, after all. Quick as a cat she reached out and snatched the cup out of his hand. She didn't bother to check its contents before she raised it to her lips and knocked it all back in one big gulp.

Whatever was inside burned going down and brought tears to her eyes. Heat rushed to her head, as did a lovely, buzzing lightness that made the room and everything in it feel just a little bit warmer, closer. She lowered the cup and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, then grinned at Gerrick. "What was that? You were saying something about big dragons compensating for tiny dicks, right? I agree."

With a wave she drew the attention of the nearest barmaid and said; "More of this! Bring a bottle." As she turned away to do so, she chuckled to herself. Gerrick was interesting, there was no denying that. And he wasn't offensive in the looks department either. There was no question that she would have him if she wanted to, but the question was; did she?

"Are you going to offer me a seat?" she asked when she looked back at him. "What are you, a barbarian? I am a lady ..."

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Fri May 16, 2014 2:03 am

He watched her finish off his cup of nondescript foreign booze #11. Part of him was already starting to come around to Orhmur's point of view on Blithe and her dragon. It was his own fault though, for challenging her to a race in the first place. Another thing Gerrick had done when he got carried away in the moment of passion, tacked onto a growing list that was surely dragging on the floor by now. If she expected him to really treat her like a winner, beyond paying for drinks, then she had another thing coming.

When she made her joke about dragons and tiny dicks, he turned on his stool to face her completely. Of course he'd heard that joke constantly before now, it was all the rage by those 'lesser' dragonknights that wished they could handle a red. But still, it made Gerrick grit his teeth and grind them. He still really wanted to punch something. "You certainly know a lot about tiny things." Meaningfully, his gaze lowered to her chest, then climbed back up with a cocky challenging grin of his own. That was sure to steam her up.

"And what the hell do I look like, your squire?" He grabbed a mug of something that smelled like alcohol from a nearby patron's table. They didn't complain. When he took a swig, he was not surprised to find it tasted a lot like dirty dishwater mixed with ale. "You're a big girl, find your own seat."

Laughing, he drank some more as a barmaid warily brought over a bottle of... stuff. It had squiggly lines on it from some language he couldn't read. It may have even been an imported brew, since there were kingdoms outside Fafneria that were known for nice booze. It was one of the few things dragons didn't consume, and therefore wasn't taken as tribute. Alcohol and fire-breathing dragons just didn't mix. It gave them terrible gas. That was something Gerrick had learned himself one night, when he'd tried to get Orhmur drunk.
    Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 am

Oh, he was playing hard to get. Either that or he was just rather thick. Blithe wouldn't be surprised if it was both. It just meant she would have to be a little less subtle about what her intentions were. At the jibe about her chest she made a face that was partly grimace and partly amusement. "Well, as I'm sure you've said to many a girl before," she chuckled. "It's not about size, but rather what you do with it ..."

She pushed away from the edge of the long bar and stood by Gerrick's side, closer than one normally would in a room that wasn't overly crowded. Standing she was nearer to his seated height and she used that advantage to lean in somewhat and murmur by his ear; "As for a seat ... I'll just have to find my own then." 

The soft, silken sandals she'd been given slipped off her feet with a small flick of her heels and she placed one bare foot between Gerrick's legs on the rung of his chair. Then she rested both her hands on his shoulders and used them to boost herself up onto the bar so she could sit almost directly opposite him. Once comfortably settled up top, she crossed one leg over the other and artfully arranged her clothing to showcase the long, loose skirts as well as the slits down their sides.

"I would have tried your lap if I didn't think you'd throw me off," she said with a wicked grin. "But this will do. Don't you think?" Then she busied herself by pouring herself a drink from the bottle which had just arrived. "This better be expensive ..."

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Fri May 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Puzzlement. That was the first thing on his mind after her whole... well, show, is what he'd call it. It didn't feel like something natural. The way she'd whispered into his ear like that and climbed up by his shoulders... Even the way she was now sitting. With those legs stretched out under that long skirt. Part of him was suddenly very tempted to pluck up one side and look underneath, in a mischievous streak that Gerrick knew well. The other things he wanted to do were part of a streak he did not know so well.

"I wouldn't have thrown you off." He said, casually, as he dumped what was left of his stolen cup on the floor and then filled it up from the bottle she had... no, wait, he had just bought. Might well get the most out of it, then. "Don't be silly."

Taking a drink, he kept his eye on her as she sat right across from him on the bar. Just what game was she playing at now? Gerrick was used to direct confrontation and reckless abandonment, but seduction was a new one. Maybe it was because he'd spent so much time on the outskirts of the kingdom, alone but for Orhmur... chased off like a dog that was going a bit too rabid. Patrolling borders that needed no patrolling. That was the real reason he had accepted this assignment, and perhaps even requested it if truth be told.

This all made him a little bit wary. It wasn't what he had expected to deal with from Blithe. A new tactic that he was unprepared for and poorly equipped to deal with. Well, not so poorly 'equipped', ahem, but unfamiliar at least. What was the purple knight up to? Orhmur would say she was luring him into a trap, but Orhmur always believed the worst.

"Nice landing, by the way." He said testingly, appraising her with new eyes now. "I hope they have to look at those gouges in their precious palace dome for centuries. I approve." It was a sincere compliment, he enjoyed the thought of a dragon defacing a country's monument. "Did you make room for completing our mission, between taking baths and dressing up?"

Bee

Female

Post by Bee on Fri May 16, 2014 5:31 pm

That was interesting, Blithe thought. He seemed to have changed tactics somewhat. Perhaps she'd thrown him off-balance with her own tactics? It seemed very likely. Gerrick didn't strike her as the kind of man who had a lot of experience when it came to the subtle nuances of flirting. Was the compliment he'd just paid her his attempt at that? It was hard to tell.

"Well, I know it was a good landing," she said and took a sip of her drink. Her dark eyes were fixed on him the entire time, trying to study his face and sweeping over his body every now and then. There was no hint of shyness in her gaze or demeanor. She was looking at something she appreciated and was planning on taking and having as her own, so of course there was no shyness, only confidence. "It's what I do, red. I'm a dragonknight just like you, and I'm here representing our kingdom. I did everything that needed to be done while you were off doing ... whatever. As it stands now we can leave in the morning with our tribute."

She set her drink down and leaned back with her palms bracing her against the bar. One of her bare feet was swaying gently to and fro with a rhythm only she knew. Casually she lowered it to rest on Gerrick's knee, then she said; "One thing first, though. I did my job, now I have one for you to take care of." With that, she slid her foot up his thigh.

Set by my love, Jeremor
    Jeremor

Male

Post by Jeremor on Fri May 16, 2014 7:29 pm

The foot sliding up toward his thigh caused him to scoot back suddenly, as a nervous ticklish feeling struck him. Then there was something else about the place she was touching. There wasn't any mistaking exactly what her intentions were now, as she'd made them about as plainly as a written sign. She had made a frontal assault and Gerrick was faltering as for what to do. Battle was about the only thing he knew well. The rising desire in him for another thing was similar to the fury he knew well in Orhmur, but reversed inside out. Another urge replaced the want for something to punch.

Reaching out, he grabbed her bare foot with his callused hand and regroup himself. There was a problem with the desire he had and what Blithe wanted from him. If he gave in now, much as he wanted to, then it would result in something that would hurt him. She was right in that Gerrick had not dealt much with women at all, but he had dealt with a few... and they had not ended well. Suddenly he knew exactly what his dragon felt every time she was overwhelmed by the desire to give into the beast. He wanted to give into the beast. Blithe was a beautiful woman.

It was difficult to say what needed to be said. He couldn't very well explain the whole story. So, he sat there holding her foot and traced his eyes up her leg. It was a fine leg. "We've barely drank, though." He said, shying away from what needed to be said. To say it would shame him, as a proud virile red dragonknight. "I thought you wanted to bleed me dry of my gold? You've hardly even rubbed my face in your victory."

Please, just leave it now. He thought pleadingly, glad that Orhmur wasn't awake to hear it. She was on to dreaming about burning forests down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 pm